Instructions for completion of Form 28
1. The underwriting years shown between the columns headed "29 29" and "99 99" must correspond (in reverse order) to the financial year in question and the nine previous financial years.
2. Amounts shown in lines 21 to 29 must exclude claims management costs.
3. The amounts shown at lines 51 to 54 must exclude equalisation provisions.
5. The amounts shown in the first column must be analysed on continuation sheets by underwriting year (although for category numbers 590 and 690 amounts in respect of underwriting years ended before 31 December 1996 may be shown in aggregate, for risk categories 610, 620, 650, 660 and 680 amounts in respect of underwriting years ended before 23 December 1993 may be shown in aggregate and for other business amounts in respect of underwriting years beginning prior to 1 January 1983 may be shown in aggregate).
6. The box marked "category number" must be completed by inserting the 3 digit category number to which the PRA general insurance business reporting category relates.
7. The amounts shown at lines 11 to 49 must be amounts payable or receivable during the financial year in question.
8. The box marked "currency code" must be completed by inserting the relevant 3 character currency code from the list in the Table in Appendix 9.2 Paragraph 31.