Instructions for completion of Form 30
1. The entry at-
30.31.1 must equal 13.11.1
30.32.1 must equal 13.45.1 + the appropriate part of 13.84.1
30.33.1 must equal 13.46.1 + the appropriate part of 13.84.1
30.34.1 must equal 13.47.1 + the appropriate part of 13.84.1
30.35.1 must equal 13.42.1 +13.48.1 + the appropriate part of 13.84.1
30.36.1 must equal 13.41.1 +13.43.1
30.37.1 must equal 13.50.1 + the appropriate part of 13.84.1
30.49.1 must equal 13.87.1 +13.89.1 - 13.60.1 - 13.61.1 - 13.62.1 - 13.63.1 – 13.85.1.
2. The hypothecated assets shown in column 2 must not be less than (but need not equal) the provision for outstanding claims being discounted (column 6 less column 7 on sheet 1). Where specific assets are not hypothecated to cover the provision for outstanding claims being discounted, column 2 equals column 1.
3. The income in column 3 must be the amounts before deduction of tax which would be received in the next financial year on the assumption that-
(i) the assets are held throughout that year, and
(ii) the factors which affect income remain unchanged but account is to be taken of any changes in those factors known to have occurred.
4. The yield in column 4 must be-
(i) for securities with a redemption value, the rate of interest which, when used to obtain a present value of expected future income or capital payments, gives the current asset value, and
(ii) for all other assets the ratio of the income included in column 3 to the value included in column 2,
or where appropriate an average of the above weighted by reference to the values included in column 2.
5. The methods and assumptions used in determining the yield in accordance with instruction 4 must be stated by way of a supplementary note (code 3001) to this Form.
6. Where a particular asset is required to be taken into account only to a specified extent by the application of admissibility limits, the expected income and capital payments from that asset must be included only to the same extent.
7. The treatment of expected income payments from any asset where such payment is in default must be stated by way of a supplementary note (code 3002) to this Form.
8. In column 8 "Unwind in discount in the next financial year" refers to the expected reduction in the deduction for the discounting between-
(i) that shown at the end of the financial year in question, and
(ii) that expected to be shown at the end of the next financial year but in respect of claimsincurred prior to the end of the financial year in question.
9. Columns 4 and 9 to 11 must be expressed as a percentage to one place of decimals.
10. In the above instructions, income excludes capital gains or losses or value adjustments.
11. The discount rate in column 11 must be the average rate of interest at which the provisions are being discounted, weighted by the provisions contained in column 6.
12. The references in the Form to “outstanding claims” and “technical provisions” are to those amounts net of reinsurance.
13. The entry under the column headed 'reporting territory code' must be one of the codes listed in Appendix 9.2 Paragraph 32. “WW” must be used for treaty reinsurance. Otherwise the code must be as defined in Appendix 9.2 Paragraph 16(3).