Instructions for completion of Form 55
1. Where the net assets held by the insurer for all the internal linked funds sharing the same underlying assets for pricing purposes exceed the lesser of £100m and 10% of the total internal linked funds (line 59 of Form 45), with the exception of share index tracker funds, any such internal linked fund which is in one of the categories listed in 2 must be reported in Form 55. Where a life fund and a pension fund share the same underlying assets, the fund must be reported for the main life series and the main pension series.
2. The fund types for column 2 are as follows:
01 life stock market managed fund 02 life balanced managed fund 03 life defensive managed fund 04 life other managed fund 05 life UK equity 06 life overseas equity 07 life property 11 individual pension stock market managed fund 12 individual pension balanced managed fund 13 individual pension defensive managed fund 14 individual pension other managed fund 15 individual pension UK equity 16 individual pension overseas equity 17 individual pension property 21 group managed fund stock market managed fund 22 group managed fund balanced managed fund 23 group managed fund defensive managed fund 24 group managed fund other managed fund 25 group managed fund UK equity 26 group managed fund overseas equity 27 group managed fund property.
3. The amount in column 3 is the total net assets attributable to the fund.
4. Column 4 is the name of the largest series (by unit liability).
5. Column 5 is the annual unit management charge shown to 2 decimal places for the largest series, e.g. 0.75 for an annual charge of 0.75%.
6. Columns 6 and 7 are the prices used to value the unit liabilities. Where there has been a transfer of business during the financial year, the price shown in column 6 is from the previous insurer.
7. Column 8 is 100 x (column 7 – column 6) / column 6 shown to 2 decimal places, e.g. 20.00 for a 20% increase in unit price during the year.